Getting enough quality sleep each night is critical to our overall health. There are many suggestions and tips to help us improve our ability to get the sleep we need, but what if you have tried all of those strategies and you still can’t fall asleep or go back to sleep? Oftentimes there are contributing factors that make it hard to get the sleep we need.
- What if you cannot stop or redirect your anxious, worried thoughts no matter what strategy you try?
- What if you have recently experienced a trauma or one of your loved ones has?
- What if you are experiencing chronic stress?
- What if you are traveling and your anxiety is heightened because you are not able to sleep in your own bed?
- What if you have chronic pain or are struggling with a medical condition that makes it very hard to get the sleep you need?
- What if life circumstances disrupt your sleep, such as being a parent or a caregiver?